Radiographer PRN As Needed
Company: Rapides Regional Medical Center
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Doyou
enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment?
Jump-startyour career and submit your application today! --Our
teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Wehave a passion
for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicatedto
caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next
opportunity. Wewant your knowledge and expertise! --We offer you an
excellent total compensation package,including competitive salary,
excellent benefit package and growthopportunities. We believe in
our team and your ability to do excellent workwith us. Your
benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending,
life,disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program,
employee stockpurchase program and student loan repayment. We would
love to talk to you aboutthis fantastic opportunity.--Hospital
Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcareprovider with
over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in
21states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has
been continuallynamed one of Ethisphere---s most ethical
company---s in the world since 2010. In2018, HCA spent an estimated
$3.3 billion in cost for the delivery ofcharitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.--
Rapides Regional Medical Center is an award-winning 350+ bed
hospital and ER in Alexandria, Louisiana.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:-- The technologist produces radiographs
of diagnostic quality using the least amount of radiation exposure
to the patient, co-workers and him/herself. Technologists provide
quality patient care adhering to the Departmental and Medical
Center policies and procedures.When it comes to patient care, we
strive to be the healthcare provider of choice.-- When it comes to
employee care, our goal is to be the employer of choice.----
- Graduate of a 2 year JRCERT program in Radiologic Technology;
Associates or Bachelor---s degree preferred
- Current Louisiana State Licensure
- Current ARRT Licensure in Diagnostic Radiology
- CPR for Healthcare Providers to be completed within 30 days of
hire--MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the care and safety of patients undergoing
treatment and use of equipment to minimize hazards of electric
shock, burns and extraneous radiation to patients.
- Responsible for safe handling of equipment and films.
- Assesses patient---s understanding of process and informed
consent of invasive procedures.
- Assesses, evaluates and informs physician of changes in
patient---s condition during exam.
- Selects appropriate equipment to use for procedure.
- Determines most suitable anatomical posture and positions and
shields patients accordingly.
- Makes special radiographic examinations requiring special
equipment and procedures such as: intravenous pyelograms,
intravenous cholangiograms, bronchograms, mammograms,
hysterosalpingograms, tomograms, cholangiography, arthrograms,
myelograms and ho pinnings in surgery.
- Programs portable or stationary x-ray machines and makes
radiograms for a variety of examinations.
- Processes x-ray film, if a darkroom technician is not
- Practices medical and surgical; aseptic procedures.
- Assists in maintaining basic records and reports.
- Assists in maintaining files.
- Competent in the use of CR and PACS.
- Assists in training of students and ancillary personnel.
- Takes x-ray, CAT, U/S and Angio calls according to monthly
schedule after the closing of the regular department hours.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family.
- Completes all work before clocking out and leaving.
- Is acquainted with local fire and safety regulations.
- Has knowledge of hospital policies and the functions of other
- Compiles and maintains quality assurance information for
mammography, in accordance with ACR, State of Louisiana, Department
of Health Standards, the FDA and the DHHS.If you are looking for an
opportunity that providessatisfaction and personal growth, we
encourage you to apply. We promptly reviewall applications. If you
are highly qualified you will hear from one of ourmanagers. Come
unlock the possibilities and apply today!--We are an equal
opportunityemployer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on thebasis of race, religion, color, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation,age, marital status, veteran status, or
Notice Our Company---s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, contact
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Rapides Regional Medical Center, Alexandria , Radiographer PRN As Needed, Other , Alexandria, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!