Security Supervisor - Armed
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Uniformed position provides supervisory assistance to the Armed
Manager of Security in regarding Safety and Security.
Responsibilities include organizational planning, staffing,
budgeting, audits, surveys, in-depth investigations, policy
development and implementation. Performs as a working supervisor,
carrying out duties of an armed Security Officer while supervising
other Security Officers.
Supervises Security related activities to maintain a safe and
secure environment for patients, visitors, and associates of all
facilities, properties, equipment, and other assets of CHRISTUS
Maintains consistency with Administrative and Departmental policies
with appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance,
confidentiality, professionalism, and reliability.
Schedules, monitors, evaluates, counsels, and motivates Security
Directs Security associates towards teamwork and productivity in
order to achieve departmental, hospital goals, and objectives.
Develops, supports, and assures compliance with Administrative and
Corporate policies, procedures and guidelines, as well as those of
other governmental and accreditation organizations.
Maintains personal growth and development, keeps abreast of new
services, policies, procedures, and other matters to ensure
efficient Security operations.
Assists the Armed Security Manager with departmental scheduling,
policy development, implementation, and daily operations of the
Assists with Associate evaluations and certification of
Performs as training officer during orientation and training of new
Serves as Security team lead regarding regulatory compliance
Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer and report writing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and
- Successful completion of IAHSS Security Officer Course and IAHSS
Security Supervisors Course required.
- Minimum five (5) years of supervisory experience in security or
- Law enforcement experience preferred.
- Previous healthcare security experience preferred.
- For positions in the state of Texas, an active level three
security officer commission with the Texas Department of Public
Safety Private Security Bureau (TDPSPSB) is required.
- Requires and active level three security officer commission with
the New Mexico Private Investigations Advisory Board.
- Requires an active Louisiana Armed Security License in
- New hires in Texas who have completed the security commission
course with (TDPSPSB) must be eligible to process and obtain their
security commission within 90 days of employment date and may not
wear their weapon on duty until 1) the officer's commission card is
active 2) the officer's commission card is in the possession of the
security officer 3) the CHRISTUS Vice President of Security has
issued a letter of authorization to carry a weapon on duty to the
- New hires in New Mexico who have completed the New Mexico Private
Investigations Advisory Board level three training requirements
must be eligible to process and obtain their security commission
within 90 days of employment date and may not wear their weapon on
duty until 1) the officer's commission card is active 2) the
officer's commission card is in the possession of the security
officer 3) the CHRISTUS Vice President of Security has issued a
letter of authorization to carry a weapon on duty to the
- New hires in Louisiana who have an active Louisiana Security
License may not wear their weapon on duty until the CHRISTUS Vice
- Security has issued a letter of authorization to carry a weapon
on duty to the officer.
- Verbal De-escalation training must be completed within 60 days of
- Expandable Baton training, defensive tactics training, firearms
training, weapon qualification, and firearms retention training
must be completed prior to letter of authorization to carry is
- IAHSS Basic Security Certification must be completed within one
year of appointment
- IAHSS Supervisors Certification completed within one year of
- Successful completion of all pre-employment and post offer
assessments to include the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality
Inventory -2 (MMPI-2-RF-PCIR); the California Psychological
Inventory (CPI); the Police and Public Safety Selection Report
(PPSSR); the Personal Experience Inventory (PEI) and a clinical
interview by a third personal psychologist.
- Will be required to take random drug test screening.
- Must maintain a Valid State Drivers' license
- The following FEMA Emergency Management Institute Courses must be
completed (online or in seat):
- IS -- 100.c
- IS -- 200.b
- IS -- 230.d
- IS -- 700.b
- IS -- 200.HCA
EEO is The Law - visit following page for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If
you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our
website or need assistance completing the application process,
please contact us at (844) 257-6925.
Keywords: Christus Health, Alexandria , Security Supervisor - Armed, Other , Alexandria, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!