Company: Christus Health
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Description POSITION SUMMARY:The Emergency Department RN has the
responsibility and accountability for assessing patient/family
health problems and resources, taking a leadership role in the
planning, implementation and evaluation of the nursing plan of care
provided by the nursing team. Providing technical nursing care and
interventions to a designated patient populations. Per the
Departments Scope of Practice, this position requires providing
services to Medical-Surgical Patients, ages eighteen and above in a
manner that demonstrates an understanding of the
functional/developmental age of the individuals served. This
position requires the full understanding and active participation
in fulfilling the Mission of CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini Hospital.
It is expected that the associate demonstrate behavior consistent
with the Core Values. The associate shall support the CHRISTUS St.
Frances Cabrini's strategic plan and the goals and direction of
their Performance Improvement Plan (PIP).CORE COMPETENCIESCustomer
Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering
customer-centric solutions.Communicates Effectively -- Developing
and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear
understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.Decision
Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the
organization moving forward.Collaborates -- Building partnerships
and working collaboratively with others to meet shared
objectives.Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through
experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes
and failures as learning fodder.Demonstrates Self-Awareness --
Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive
insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.Goals -- Completes
quarterly goalsDelivering the Mission -- Performs duties as defined
in this job description and demonstrates mastery of role.MAJOR
- Responsible for receiving report, assigning duties to
subordinates, and checking equipment and work areas.
- Checks supplies and drugs.
- Admits patients, directs ambulance attendants and police, and
performs patient triage.
- Assesses patient condition, notifies physician, carries out
orders, and obtains required permits and releases.
- Applies first aid.
- Sets up and prepares instruments, supplies, equipment, and
drugs. Assists physician in treating patient.
- Administers prescribed medications and performs ordered
- Requisitions diagnostic services ordered.
- Writes charges and dismisses patient or process inpatient
admission and transfers/transports patient with records to assigned
- Reports to supervisor or nurse coming on duty and counts
- Uses written, verbal, and non-verbal communications skills
effectively and considerately in a caring manner.
- Writes reports and maintains written records.
- Knowledgeable of order entry system and committed to use it
efficiently and correctly.
- Gives and receives oral reports. Obtains, through effective
questioning and other methods, all significant information before
making an oral report. Reports on patient condition to the
physician in a timely, accurate, complete, and appropriate manner.
Gives a complete and accurate patient and unit report at change of
shift. In receiving report, asks questions as needed to receive a
complete report. Communicates with health care team members,
patients, families, and visitors respectfully and honestly.
- Is understanding of the responsibilities and authority of all
levels of nursing personnel. Functions as a active, cooperative
member of the patient care team.
- Participates in hospital-wide and department-specific quality
- Provides a safe and clean working environment through
surveillance of potential hazards, knowledge, skills of body
mechanics, and safety techniques in order to avoid injury to the
patient and staff.
- Demonstrates professionalism consistent with a role as a
professional Registered Nurse in conjunction with caring and
- Is expected to use ethical manner and assume legal
responsibilities. In the performance of nursing duties, behavior
should conform to and reflect the ethical standards in the hospital
philosophy, standards, and policy. Maintains a Professional working
relationship with all members of the health care team. Maintains at
times within the rules and prescriptions of the State Nurse
Practice Act. Respects the confidentiality of the patient as well
as other members of the health care team.---Requirements
- A. Education/Skills
- Must be able to prioritize workflow on a daily basis. Must be
able to communicate effectively in written and spoken form with
individuals of various education levels including physicians.
Ability to interpret medical terminology and possess an
understanding of human anatomy and physiology
- B. Experience
- One year recent experience preferred. Excellent written and
verbal communication skills. English required, bilingual
(English/Spanish; English/French) preferred.
- C. Licenses, Registrations or Certifications
- Current Louisiana RN License
- Current BLS
- ACLS & PALS within 3 months of hire
- CPI certification
- TNCC certification preferred
Keywords: Christus Health, Alexandria , RN-Emergency Room, Other , Alexandria, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!