Senior Human Resources Specialist
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: November 11, 2021
Develops, manages, coordinates, and administers a variety of
programs and activities covering multiple HR activities. In
conjunction with and under the general direction of HR and/or Line
Management may develop, manage and/or administer the organization's
compensation and benefit, recruitment, training, organization
development, and employee relations programs. The Generalist will
operate in and be responsible for more than one of these areas and
perform many of the same activities as professionals that
specialize in these individual HR functions.
- Acts as a team player in leading Human Resource practices and
objectives that will provide a high-performance culture that
emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and standards, goal
attainment, and the recruitment and retention of a superior
- Works closely with Campus Recognition Champions providing
support and oversight to ensure recognition programs are timely and
appropriately executed at each facility
- Performs all duties in a manner that protects the
confidentiality of applicants, candidates, and Associates and does
not solicit or disclose any confidential information unless it is
necessary in the performance of the assigned job duties.
- Partner with each ministry within the LA/SETX group on the
current license and certification process. Assist with streamlining
a solid process and working with the specialist at each ministry in
maintaining the license and certifications.
- Understands functionality of various programs such as My
CHRISTUS Life, Payroll System, CHRISTUS kudos!, Kronos, Success
Factors, Glint, Genesis and Health stream. Offers suggestions as
needed for internal process improvements.
- Assists with managing the retention bonus and sign on tracker
for the LA/SETX group ministries. Ensures all payroll uploads are
sent for payouts at the appropriate timeframes. Works with each
ministry on recouping any finds and updating the tracker. Assists
the group ministries with any manual payroll process.
- Partners with ministry Specialists / HRBPs to ensure job
descriptions are reviewed annually, updated as needed and
maintained electrically in HR records. Assist HR / TA teams with
obtaining and understanding job descriptions as needed, seeking
clarity when needed for the purposes of recruiting, onboarding,
license verification, etc.
- Partners with leaders to ensure job descriptions are reviewed
annually, updated as needed and maintained electrically in HR
- Works with each local ministry in calculating the experience
date and uploading in Infor.
- Works closely with the Associate Health team, to provide
- Maintains knowledge of Human Resources policies, guidelines and
other HR functions for general inquiries from Associates and
Leaders to ensure they are applied consistently and
- Spearheads special projects as needed to enhance the CHRISTUS
experience for associates, candidates and the communities we
- High School Diploma; associates or bachelor's degree
- 3 - 5 years previous HR experience or 3 - 5
years healthcare experience with equivalent HR education
required; HR and healthcare experience preferred.
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - ability to
summarize key points of detailed information both orally and in
documents and presentations.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office; intermediate to advanced
skills in Excel required (such as ability to run pivot tables,
perform v-lookups, and develop various spreadsheets, documents and
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills required.
- Ability to work under constant deadlines, juggle multiple
priorities, and frequent interruptions.
- Attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality required.
- Previous HR experience preferred
- Previous HR experience preferred
- Previous healthcare experience preferred
Keywords: Christus Health, Alexandria , Senior Human Resources Specialist, Other , Alexandria, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!