Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm with team rotating on-call
weekends and one late shift
Merakey is currently seeking a Licensed Mental Health Counselor
to join our Adult Behavioral Health Division in our Alexandria, LA
- Provide individual and group therapy, choosing applicable
modalities according to individual needs and treatment plan.
- Provide mini treatment team leadership.
- Develops treatment plans.
- Provide recovery based, person centered services.
- Develop comprehensive goal plans in conjunction with
individuals and family members.
- Monitor record-keeping ensure that client charts are up-to-date
and include all necessary documentation.
- Ensure timeliness and quality of treatment plans and develop
- Coordinate resources and information pertinent to client
- Develop, write, implement, evaluate and revise, as necessary,
individual's treatment plans in collaboration with the Treatment
MERAKEY IS PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
- Work/Life Balance
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan (with company matching)
- Marketplace Savings Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- 24-Hour Nurse Hotline
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off (for qualifying positions)
- Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in
education and human services
ABOUT MERAKEY'S BEHAVIORAL HEALTH DIVISION
Merakey offers a continuum of care in behavioral health
(includes mental health and addictive diseases), integrating
services in both community and site-based settings. These services
provide a wide range of recovery focused treatment, services, and
supports for children and adults.
Site/Clinic Based Services
- The Center for Hope
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Parents and Children Together (PACT)
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
- Psychiatric/Socialization Rehabilitation for Hope
- Residential Services for Children and Adults
Community Based Services
- Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) and Forensic Assertive
Community Treatment (FACT)
- Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS)
- Case Management / Recovery Coaching
- Community Health Liaison (CHL)
- Community and School Based Behavioral Health (CSBBH)
- Crisis Intervention
- Substance Use Disorder Services
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment Team (DDTT)
- Family Based Mental Health Services
- Therapeutic Family Care
- Foster Care Plus
- Peer Support
- Student Assistance Program (SAP)
- Supported Employment
- Supports for Permanency (SFP)
For more information on each individual service, please visit:
style="font-size: 8.5pt;color: black;">
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and
education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to
individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative
solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals,
their families, public and private healthcare funders and community
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach.
With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone
within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000
employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children
throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware,
Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, California, and Tennessee.
Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Master's degree in Human Services related field, such as
Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling; AND
- 1 year of PAID clinical experience, post Master's
- LPC or LCSW fully licensed
- Prefer candidates with experience working with chronically
mentally ill adults and/or dual diagnosis population.
- Must have appropriate state and federal clearances.
- Must hold valid driver's license and have access to an
automobile during working hours.