Registered Nurse - Surgery
Company: Rapides Regional Medical Center
Posted on: February 15, 2021
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered
care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients
with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your
career as a Surgery RN today with .
At Rapides Regional, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer
a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along
with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse like you to be a
part of our team.
Surgery nurses provide compassionate care to our patients. They
have high-level critical thinking skills, vast clinical knowledge,
and excellent communication skills.
About this unit:
- 10 bed OR
- Team work!!-Great group of positive people
- Supportive nurse leaders & exceptional physician support.
- The Perioperative Services Registered Nurse will obtain a broad
spectrum of nursing skills and should be able-to handle the
stresses of a crisis situation and still display a tolerant, calm
appearance and professional attitude.
- He/she must work effectively with fellow employees from all
- He/she should also be able to delegate authority and accept
responsibility for own actions and the actions of those under their
- They must fulfill the standard of professional ethics and
demonstrate exceptional customer service skills while acting as a
role model and resource person for others in the
- Provides safe care to the surgical patient by consistent
staffing during intra-operative phase.
- Coordinate the surgery cases at RRMC.
- Optimize outcomes by improved preparation for intra-operative
- Improve intra-operative efficiencies and increase physician
- Increase compliance to Center of Excellence
- Call responsibilities are 24/7 coverage of all surgical cases.
Schedule reflects work load for surgery.
- Attends all scheduled department meetings.-
- Attends special continuing education workshops, in-service
education offerings, and maintains nursing skills through annual
review of OR procedures.
Qualifications What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Graduate of a Nursing Program from an accredited
- Currently licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the
State of Louisiana
- CPR for Healthcare Providers to be completed within 30 days of
- ACLS to be completed within 180 days of hire
- At least one year of general nursing experience preferred
Rapides Regional Medical Center is an award-winning 350+ bed
hospital and ER in Alexandria, Louisiana that offers a wide array
of services ranging from Cancer Care to Wound Care, and our medical
staff includes doctors in more than 30 medical specialties.
At Rapides Regional we believe that well-defined values are the key
to nurturing staff and patient satisfaction. By joining our team
you contribute to the positive culture of the hospital, which
directly impacts the well-being of your patients, their families,
your colleagues, and your own personal job satisfaction. We invite
you to learn firsthand what our unwavering commitment to patient
satisfaction, service excellence and professional expertise can do
for your career.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction
and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Surgery RN
opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified
candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the
possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Notice Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking-.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Rapides Regional Medical Center, Alexandria , Registered Nurse - Surgery, Other , Alexandria, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!