Director of Sales & Marketing
Company: Avalon Hotel Group, LLC
Posted on: October 11, 2019
The Director of Sales and Marketing is responsible for the daily
sales efforts and is responsible for the overall positioning of the
hotel, brand communication, and development of customer base for
the entire property including, Rooms, Dining Outlets, Convention
Sales and Events. General Responsibilities Include:
- Proactively solicit new business opportunities by making sales
calls, utilizing sales technology tools, attending local, regional,
and possibly national trade shows/networking events, and engaging
in other client prospecting in order to increase revenue and meet
- Prepare, plan, and execute sales missions, presentations, site
visits, FAMs and tradeshow presentations designed to solicit leads,
new, and future bookings.
- Monitor direct competition and remain knowledgeable on their
price offerings, packages, service offerings and appropriately
incorporate this knowledge into sales strategies and tactics to
maintain a competitive edge.
- Follow up on sales leads and develop long-term relationships in
the event planning, production, and promotion communities, and with
other relevant companies, organizations, and groups.
- Responsible for prompt handling of inquiry calls, RFPs, client
inquires, and monitoring the efficient flow of paperwork relative
to confirming function details to the client
- Forecast room sales revenue, banquet food, beverage, and room
rental revenues on an annual, monthly, and weekly basis.
- Prepare and provide required reports to leadership including
room revenue projections, special event revenue projections, sales
recaps and activity reports, and departmental profit and loss
- Prepare Hotel and Catering Sales action plans on a quarterly
basis in order to focus on need periods.
- Develop hotel-level tactical sales and marketing plans to
support overall system-wide sales plans/strategies and
- Obtain feedback from clients following each group event,
special event, or catering function to determine and analyze client
satisfaction, staff performance, and event-related success. Primary
- Leading: Motivate, coach, train, and mentor team members, set
goals, and hold team members accountable, and provide timely
feedback, rewards and recognition
- Work Ethic: Demonstrate a high level of integrity, take
ownership of personal and team actions, communicate effectively,
promote collaboration, nurture a positive professional work
environment and adhere to all standard operating procedures of
hotel and ownership. Financial:
- Develop and manage the departmental budget and monitor sales
activities/ performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed
established revenue plan. Utilize yield management and revenue
maximization tools and accurately report
- Direct the scheduling of conventions and group activities at
the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to
facilitate services agreed upon by the catering and sales office
and prospective clients. Community Involvement:
- Ensure good standing in the community by developing and
maintaining good relationships with the local Chamber of Commerce,
Convention & Visitors Bureau, Hotel Lodging community, local
schools, civic organizations, non-profit organizations, other local
community groups, companies, and officials of the local
- Participation/Membership in minimum of (2) non-profit civic
organizations. Participate with the local and state-wide
universities and hotel and lodging programs.
- Professionally represent the facility and the hotel by
participating in and or conducting client and industry functions
(site inspections, pre and post-convention meetings) and attending
and/or hosting industry events, client entertaining, etc. Specific
- A Bachelor Degree in Hospitality or Sales and Marketing is
- Minimum of 3 years experience as Hotel Sales Manager,
Convention Sales, Hotel Catering Sales, or Meeting Planning in a
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the hospitality or similar
- Willing and able to travel and must possess a valid drivers
license. General Requirements:
- Refined verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge and possess
proficiency in spreadsheet creation/utilization, presentation
development, and word processing programs.
- Must be well-groomed with professional appearance
- Willing to take responsibility and act with self-accountability
for high personal standards of conduct and professionalism.
- Flexibility and the ability to work non-traditional hours
(weekends, nights, and holidays) and a varied schedule as needed.
Ability to travel as necessary
- Must be extremely creative, innovative, detail oriented, and
organized. Must possess high energy, an entrepreneurial spirit, and
- Must work well under pressure and possess the ability to work
in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks
- Possess a pleasant personality
- Must be a motivational leader, effective communicator, and
strong developer and trainer. Physical Requirements: Flow of work
and character of duties involve the coordination of manual
dexterity and normal and visual attention. Activities: standing and
walking, reaching with hands and arms, bending, stooping, kneeling
and crouching. Some heavy lifting and moving of objects weighing up
to 50 lbs. Please note this job description is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Keywords: Avalon Hotel Group, LLC, Alexandria , Director of Sales & Marketing, Hospitality & Tourism , Alexandria, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!