Respiratory Therapist Hospital
Company: CHRISTUS Dubuis Hospital of Alexandria
Posted on: November 8, 2019
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals,
physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice
care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we
deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to
manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around
the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver
patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and
families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single,
shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
* Possesses knowledge and skills for basic airway maintenance and
advanced airway maintenance if indicated (Endotrachael
* Performs arterial punctures to obtain arterial blood gas
analysis, if indicated by physician's order; understands the
complications and contraindications associated with the
* Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of oxygen concentrations
and medication doses as they relate to patients of
varying ages, including adults and geriatric patients.
* Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the differences in
techniques and treatment modalities as performed on
patients, including adults and geriatric patients.
* Manages and operates equipment in a safe manner. Inspects and
tests respiratory therapy equipment to ensure that it is
* Oversees the documentation of all pertinent data on the
respiratory therapy progress notes with each visit.
*Demonstrates the ability to use/perform: IPPB treatments,
Hand-held Nebulizer treatments, Incentive Spirometer, Aerosol
treatments, Chest PT, postural drainage, percussion, cough,
Pulmonary Function testing, Pulse Oximetry, Training in breathing
exercises, CPAP, Other methods of treatment/equipment upon
* Knows the proper method and follows hospital policies and
protocols for cleaning, disinfecting and sterilizing equipment used
to provide respiratory care services.
* Participates in Performance Improvement Activities as a part of
the interdisciplinary team.
* Maintains knowledge of the various methods of oxygen delivery and
is able to assess possible side effects of oxygen delivery.
* Performs initial patient evaluations per physician's order within
the determined time frame.
* Administers respiratory treatments according to physician orders
or supervises nursing staff in the delivery of treatments.
* Able to recognize the possible side effects of treatments and
reports any side effects to the Physician, charge nurse or DON
* Performs N-95 Respirator fit testing for employees.
* Monitors and assesses patients on telemetry-cardiac monitors.
* Completion and documentation of vital signs, blood glucose
monitoring and other delegated tasks.
* Other duties as assigned that are within scope of position.
Formal Education: Associate Degree or certification equivalent
Experience: Less than 6 months
License, Registration, and / or Certification Requirement: Yes
- Graduate of an AMA approved school of respiratory therapy.
- CPR certification.
- ACLS certification
- Current Respiratory Therapist license in the state of
- Knowledge of all aspects of cardiopulmonary care services
- Basic computer skills.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
---it---s all about helping people,--- and we live by those words
today. It---s our mission to provide exceptional care and
unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their
trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part
of the LHC Group family, you---re choosing a career path that will
challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.Every day,
all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people.
There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the
patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this
because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist.
It---s our purpose.--
Keywords: CHRISTUS Dubuis Hospital of Alexandria, Alexandria , Respiratory Therapist Hospital, Healthcare , Alexandria, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!