LPN-PRN Emergency Room
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Under the supervision of an ED Registered Nurse, the a Licensed
Practical Nurse performs the functions of planning and implementing
the nursing care of assigned patients serving patients of all ages,
according to established standards and practices.
Action Oriented -- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges
with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and
delivering customer-centric solutions.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode
communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique
needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the
organization moving forward.
Collaborates -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively
with others to meet shared objectives.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when
tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and
reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and
Goals -- Completes quarterly goals
Delivering the Mission -- Performs duties as defined in this job
description and demonstrates mastery of role
- Assists physicians with examinations, procedures, and other
processes related to direct patient care.
- Perform basic nursing procedures including thermal
applications, non-sterile soaks, and application of simple
dressings, perennial care, and urine tests.
- Prepares, hangs, monitors, and discontinues IV fluids.
- Monitors emotional stability of patients and reports changes to
physician or charge nurse.
- Documents observations and the nursing care in the nurses'
notes. Charting is clear, concise, objective, and complete.
Completes charts for discharge, transfer, and surgery on assigned
patients. Writes variance reports according to policy and
- Enters orders in the order entry system and retrieves
information according to written procedure.
- Gives and retrieves oral reports.
- Demonstrates understanding of the responsibilities and
authority of other levels of the responsibilities and authority of
other levels of nursing personnel.
- Committed to appropriate utilization of the facilities. Assists
in maintaining a clean, comfortable, and safe environment.
- Use equipment and supplies correctly, returning to SPD or its
storage area after use.
- Enters all charges for equipment and supplies; assures patients
are charged correctly.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment.
- Uses supplies economically and avoids wasting supplies by
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures on infection
control and practices good hand washing.
- Demonstrates the professionalism necessary to function in the
health care environment. Assumes responsibility for own personal
and professional growth and development. Assumes responsibility for
self. Regarding knowledge of policies, manuals, and communications.
Takes responsibility for self-growth and job improvement.
- Protects patient and staff confidentiality.
- Participates to improve LPN nursing practice, i.e. serves on
committees and assists in planning, implementing, and evaluation
LPN orientation and in-service programs.
- Assesses one's own skills, knowledge, and overall performance
and formulates self-objectives in consultation with the Unit
- A. Education/Skills
- Must be able to prioritize workflow on a daily basis. Must be
able to communicate effectively in written and spoken form with
individuals of various education levels including physicians.
Ability to interpret medical terminology and possess an
understanding of human anatomy and physiology
- B. Experience
- Experience in the specialty applied for will be given
- C. Licenses, Registrations or Certifications
- Licensed to practice Practical Nursing in the State of
- Current BLS
Keywords: Christus Health, Alexandria , LPN-PRN Emergency Room, Healthcare , Alexandria, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!