Company: Rapides Regional Medical Center
Posted on: August 14, 2019
Description SHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Rapides Regional Medical Center --- Alexandria, LA
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Doyou
enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment?
Jump-startyour career and submit your application today! --Our
teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Wehave a passion
for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicatedto
caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next
opportunity. Wewant your knowledge and expertise! --We offer you an
excellent total compensation package, includingcompetitive salary,
excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. Webelieve in
our team and your ability to do excellent work with us.
Yourbenefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending,
life, disability,tuition reimbursement, employee discount program,
employee stock purchaseprogram and student loan repayment. We would
love to talk to you about thisfantastic opportunity.--Hospital
Corporation of America (HCA) is a leadinghealthcare provider with
over 31.2 million patient encounters a year atlocations in 21
states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA hasbeen
continually named one of Ethisphere---s most ethical company---s in
the worldsince 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion
in cost for thedelivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts,
and other uncompensatedexpenses.--
--Thinking of relocating to peaceful Alexandria, La? Check out all
there is to do:http://alexandriapinevillela.com/--About Rapides
Regional Medical CenterFounded in 1903 at the corner of Second and
Lee streets in Alexandria, Louisiana, Rapides Regional Medical
Center represents a proud heritage of compassionate healthcare
services coupled with the most advanced technology of the
day.--With a continued emphasis on progressive care, Rapides
Regional Medical Center has grown to meet the continually changing
needs of our patients and the rapidly advancing technology of
modern healthcare. Located in downtown Alexandria and easily
accessible from Interstate 49, the hospital is licensed for 328
beds and fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
Rapides Regional Medical Center is currently hiring a
Phlebotomist.--Each phlebotomist, under general supervision, is
responsible for collection, transportation, processing, and
aliquoting of specimens, limited testing procedures and computer
data entry.-- Receiving of specimens collected by non-laboratory
personnel and operation and maintenance of the MPA is also a
requirement of this position.-- Specimens collected and/or handled
by phlebotomists include blood and all forms of bodily fluids.--
This includes all in house departmental testing as well as those
that are processed and sent to a reference laboratory.-- They may
also train and supervise students.-- This position involves all age
populations.-- This position reports to the departmental unit
coordinator and/or the departmental Technical Supervisor.--Primary
- Assures accurate identification of all patients and
- Collects blood specimens by venipuncture or capillary puncture
using age specific criteria guidelines while following correct
policy and procedures requirements. Some phlebotomist perform
- Demonstrate the ability to assess and determine specimen
- Transports specimens using correct requirements (i.e.
refrigerate, room temp, frozen, protect from light, etc.).
- Process and prepare specimens and deliver to correct laboratory
departments for testing in a timely manner.
- Prepare specimens for transport to appropriate reference
- Competent operation of Laboratory Information System to
include: admission of patients, ordering tests, printing labels,
collection time and received time entry, uncollected logs, send out
- Maintain and apply knowledge of Ethics and Compliance
- Adheres to the laboratory---s quality control policies,
properly documenting quality control activities or any
discrepancies, recording and reporting corrective actions.
- Demonstrates competency in operation of equipment and documents
daily maintenance on required equipment.
- Sets priorities appropriately, completes tasks with
thoroughness, within the allotted time frame and with appropriate
follow though to achieve maximum productivity.
- Consistently uses good judgement and problem solving skills to
assess the situation, consider alternatives and choose the
appropriate course of action.
- Identifies and investigates processes that can be improved and
uses FOCUS-PDCA to work toward improving these processes.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patients.
- Assumes responsibility for continuing education and
professional development to maintain certification and/or license
appropriate for assigned duties.
- Acts as laboratory representative to all patients and hospital
staff by exhibiting good personal relationship and communication
skills and provides patient education as appropriate.
- Participates in training and orientation of all students and
- Orders and maintains supplies to maintain necessary inventory
while staying within budget requirements.
- Demonstrates adherence to the principles of safety and
- Acts as reference/information source for areas outside the lab
regarding specimen collection procedures.
- May perform registrations and sample collections in outpatient
clinic settings.-- This involves demographics, insurances, medical
necessity, and other related items in addition to phlebotomy
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a Phlebotomy Training Program/School or
equivalent on-the-job training/work experience
- CPR for Healthcare Providers obtained within 30 days of
- Behavior demonstrates understanding and adherence to Rapides
Regional Medical Center---s values which are:
- Works with an attitude of SERVICE
- Promotes TEAMWORK within the department and the
- Exhibits ACCOUNTABILITY and responsibility in the performance
of the job
- Exhibits RESPECT to self and others
- Demonstrates an attitude of SAFETY in all tasks, job duties and
- Performance Improvement/CQI Principles are consistently
demonstrated in the performance of assigned duties.
- Attendance records reflect a punctual, dependable and
- Demonstrates adherence to the principles of safety and
- Appropriately handles all information including confidential
- Strives to anticipate and exceed expectations of their
customers as demonstrated by positive customer comments and
- Communicates in a clear, courteous manner, demonstrating
positive interpersonal skills.
- Utilizes medical center property and resources effectively and
- Willingly accepts and performs all assigned duties.
- Reflects RRMC values and sensitivity to RRMC---s ethical and
compliance principles and the Code of Conduct in the daily
- The employee demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to
the Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrates Support for patient rights in day-to-day
interactions.If you are looking for an opportunity that
providessatisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply. We promptly reviewall applications. If you are highly
qualified you will hear from one of ourmanagers. Come unlock the
possibilities and apply today!--Weare an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at our company. We do notdiscriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Rapides Regional Medical Center, Alexandria , Phlebotomist Evenings, Healthcare , Alexandria, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!