LPN-PRN- Emergency Room
Company: CHRISTUS Health
Posted on: June 12, 2019
Emergency and Trauma opening in Alexandria, Louisiana. This and
other lpn/lvn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com
POSITION SUMMARY:Under the supervision of an ED Registered Nurse,
the a Licensed Practical Nurse performs the functions of planning
and implementing the nursing care of assigned patients serving
patients of all ages, according to established standards and
practices. CORE COMPETENCIESAction Oriented -- Taking on new
opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high
energy and enthusiasm.Customer Focus -- Building strong customer
relationships and delivering customer-centric
solutions.Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering
multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the
unique needs of different audiences.Decision Quality -- Making good
and timely decisions that keep the organization moving
forward.Collaborates -- Building partnerships and working
collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.Nimble
Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling
new problems, using both successes and failures as learning
fodder.Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of
feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal
strengths and weaknesses.Goals -- Completes quarterly
goalsDelivering the Mission -- Performs duties as defined in this
job description and demonstrates mastery of role MAJOR
- Assists physicians with examinations, procedures, and other
processes related to direct patient care.
- Perform basic nursing procedures including thermal
applications, non-sterile soaks, and application of simple
dressings, perennial care, and urine tests.
- Prepares, hangs, monitors, and discontinues IV fluids.
- Monitors emotional stability of patients and reports changes to
physician or charge nurse.
- Documents observations and the nursing care in the nurses'
notes. Charting is clear, concise, objective, and complete.
Completes charts for discharge, transfer, and surgery on assigned
patients. Writes variance reports according to policy and
- Enters orders in the order entry system and retrieves
information according to written procedure.
- Gives and retrieves oral reports.
- Demonstrates understanding of the responsibilities and
authority of other levels of the responsibilities and authority of
other levels of nursing personnel.
- Committed to appropriate utilization of the facilities. Assists
in maintaining a clean, comfortable, and safe environment.
- Use equipment and supplies correctly, returning to SPD or its
storage area after use.
- Enters all charges for equipment and supplies; assures patients
are charged correctly.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment.
- Uses supplies economically and avoids wasting supplies by
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures on infection
control and practices good hand washing.
- Demonstrates the professionalism necessary to function in the
health care environment. Assumes responsibility for own personal
and professional growth and development. Assumes responsibility for
self. Regarding knowledge of policies, manuals, and communications.
Takes responsibility for self-growth and job improvement.
- Protects patient and staff confidentiality.
- Participates to improve LPN nursing practice, i.e. serves on
committees and assists in planning, implementing, and evaluation
LPN orientation and in-service programs.
- Assesses one's own skills, knowledge, and overall performance
and formulates self-objectives in consultation with the Unit
- A. Education/Skills
- Must be able to prioritize workflow on a daily basis. Must be
able to communicate effectively in written and spoken form with
individuals of various education levels including physicians.
Ability to interpret medical terminology and possess an
understanding of human anatomy and physiology
- B. Experience
- Experience in the specialty applied for will be given
- C. Licenses, Registrations or Certifications
- Licensed to practice Practical Nursing in the State of
- Current BLS
- CPI Keyphrases: critical care medicine jobs, emergency room
nursing jobs, emergency room nurse jobs, emergency room technician
jobs, emergency room triage jobs, er nurse jobs, er tech jobs, er
nursing jobs, er triage jobs, er technician jobs
Keywords: CHRISTUS Health, Alexandria , LPN-PRN- Emergency Room, Healthcare , Alexandria, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!