Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Services - Full Time Night
Company: Rapides Regional Medical Center
Posted on: April 13, 2019
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
The Emergency Department RN
*$5,000 Sign On Bonus for Qualified Candidates*
The Emergency Department RN will obtain a broad spectrum of nursing
skills and should be able to handle the stresses of a crisis
situation and still display a tolerant, calm appearance and
professional attitude. They will coordinate with ancillary
departments for the provision of treatment and care of emergency
department patients and the orderly transfer of patients. He/she
must work effectively with fellow employees from all units. He/she
should also be able to delegate authority and accept responsibility
for own actions and the actions of those under their supervision.
They must fulfill the standard of professional ethics and
demonstrate exceptional customer service skills while acting as a
role model and resource person for others in the department.
The Top Reasons Employees love working on this unit:
- Great Teamwork
- Great Leadership
- Busy, Fast Paced Unit
Thinking of relocating to peaceful Alexandria, La? Check out all
there is to do:
Founded in 1903 at the corner of Second and Lee streets in
Alexandria, Louisiana, Employer represents a proud heritage of
compassionate healthcare services coupled with the most advanced
technology of the day.
With a continued emphasis on progressive care, Employer has grown
to meet the continually changing needs of our patients and the
rapidly advancing technology of modern healthcare. Located in
downtown Alexandria and easily accessible from Interstate 49, the
hospital is licensed for 328 beds and fully accredited by The Joint
Benefits for Full Time Employees include:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Account
- Long Term and Short Term Disability Benefits
- Direct Deposit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Currently licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the
State of Louisiana
- At least one year of general nursing experience
- Completion of BLS and ACLS within 3 months of employment and
aspirations toward TNCC, ENPC, and CEN
* Sign On and Relocation Bonuses are based on qualifying criteria -
Current Employees not eligible - Please ask your Recruiter for
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- All aspects of nursing care granted her/him by
- Assisting the Emergency Department Physician and Staff
Physicians to provide optimal patient care.
- Develops patient's plan of care based on a focused assessment,
nursing diagnosis, reassessment, and expected outcomes for all age
groups. Collects subjective and objective data including pertinent
past medical history and present medication.
- Ability to coordinate with ancillary departments for the
provision of treatment and care of emergency department patients
and the orderly transfer or discharge of these patients.
- Attends all scheduled department meetings. If the employee is
unable to attend the meeting, she/he should notify the Emergency
Department Director unless the staff member is scheduled to work a
shift in the ED during the meeting or she/he is ill.
- Attends special continuing education workshops, in-service
education offerings, and maintains nursing skills through annual
review of ED procedures.
- Does assigned room and equipment checks every l2
- Supports Patient tracking via automated tracking
- To review and know the proper use of all equipment used in the
emergency department, especially life-saving equipment and trays
which are infrequently used.
- The nurse is responsible for familiarizing herself/himself with
the crash cart, cast carts, heart cart, and the pediatric
- The nurse is responsible for keeping abreast of all new
technology, equipment, and medications used in patient
- Provides and explains discharge instructions and identifies
hospital and community resources to help meet physical,
psycho-social, and nutritional needs.
- Active participant in PI/CQI projects within the ED and in
conjunction with other departments as appropriate.
Keywords: Rapides Regional Medical Center, Alexandria , Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Services - Full Time Night, Healthcare , Alexandria, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!