RN- Med Surg E
Company: CHRISTUS Health
Posted on: March 17, 2019
Operating Room/Ambulatory Care/MedSurg opening in Alexandria, Louisiana. This and other rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com Description
Registered Nurse-NICU_____________________________________________________________ POSITION SUMMARY: The NICU Registered Nurse has the responsibility and accountability for assessing patient/family health problems and resources, taking a leadership role in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the nursing plan of care provided by the nursing team. Providing technical nursing care and interventions to a designated patient populations.Per the Departments Scope of Practice, this position requires providing services to Neonatal Patients, age's birth to 3 months in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individuals served. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini Hospital. It is expected that the associate demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The associate shall support the CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini's strategic plan and the goals and direction of their Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) CORE COMPETENCIES: Action Oriented -- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.Collaborate -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: ASSESSES THE PHYSICAL, PSYCHO-SOCIAL, SPIRITUAL, CULTURAL, FUNCTIONAL, HIGH RISK AND DISCHARGE NEEDS OF THE PATIENT AND FAMILY.
- Completes and documents initial assessment/care within required time frames.
- Performs, reassessments/care at intervals as required or appropriate to the patient's needs.
- Ensures physical assessment/care includes all major body systems.
- Ensures spiritual assessment/care includes actual/expressed needs.
- Incorporates cultural and ethnic factors into assessment/care.
- Correctly differentiates between normal and abnormal findings.
- DEMONSTRATES THE ABILITY TO ACCURATELY ACCESS AND DOCUMENT PATIENT CARE ACTIVITIES, BMV AND HOSPITAL PROCESSES.
- * Uses computer system(s) appropriately.
- * Documents in the medical record according to policy/procedure.
- * Complies with incident reporting and notification requirements.
- * Attends/reviews department staff meetings for information.
- OBTAINS KNOWLEDGE OF, AND DEMONSTRATES COMPLIANCE WITH INFECTION CONTROL POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- * Practices Standard Precautions in patient care activities.
- * Practices appropriate disease specific isolation as required.
- * Appropriately handles and disposes of sharps. 5. DEVELOPS, IMPLEMENTS AND EVALUATES A NURSING PLAN OF CARE FOR THEPATIENT OR FAMILY.* Develops and implements the plan of care based on assessment findings.* Establishes the plan of care within time frame specific to assigned Department/Unit.* Re-evaluates and modifies the plan of care, based on the patient's response to the interventions.* Communicates the plan of care to members of the nursing team.* Involves the patient/family in developing the plan of care.* Demonstrates sound clinical judgment in decision-making regarding patient care. 6. INCORPORATES THE PLAN FOR NURSING CARE INTO THE MULTIDISCIPLINARY CARE AND MANAGEMENT OF THE PATIENT/FAMILY.
- Communicates effectively with physicians and allied health team.
- Coordinates nursing care with other disciplines involved.
- Involves allied health team members, as necessary.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary care conferences. 7. ASSURES THE RIGHTS OF THE PATIENT/FAMILY ARE RESPECTED AND MAINTAINED.
- Allows for privacy and modesty in the provision of care.
- Identifies self by name and title to patient/family
- Reports suspected cases of abuse/neglect, if identified.
- Understands role of, and how to access, the Ethics Committee.
- Establishes presence of consent prior to treatment/procedure. 8. DEMONSTRATES THE ABILITY TO SAFELY AND COMPETENTLY ADMINISTER MEDICATIONS, INTRAVENOUS THERAPY AND BASIC FLUID MANAGEMENT.
- Understands actions, side-effects, contra-indications of drugs.
- Follows five "rights" of medication administration.
- Adheres to medication policies, practices and standards.
- Administers medication, intravenous therapy and fluid management only under physician order and guidance. 9. DEMONSTRATES KNOWLEDGE OF UNIT SPECIFIC POLICIES AND PROCEDURES AND THE ABILITY TO SAFELY AND COMPETENTLY USE UNIT SPECIFIC PATIENT CARE EQUIPMENT IN THE DELIVERY OF QUALITY PATIENT CARE.
- Takes responsibility for self-growth and job improvements.
- Obtains necessary training prior to initial equipment use.
- Assures equipment is in operating order prior to use.
- Differentiates between patient complications and equipment malfunction.
- Uses medical equipment in accordance with manufacturer's operating guidelines.
- A. Education/Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills English required, bilingual (English/Spanish; English/French)preferred Nonsmokers preferred; or ability to work extended shifts without smoking including during lunches and breaks
- B. Experience
- One year recent NICU experience preferred
- C. Licenses, Registrations or Certifications
- Current Louisiana RN License.
- Current BLS Card
- NRP Certification JOB ACTIVITIES & PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION OF JOB: Posture Max. Hours per day: 0 2 4 6 8 Other Standing 12Sitting ______________Kneeling/Squatting ______________Bending/Stooping ______________Pushing/Pulling 12Twisting ______________Other ______________ Motion Max. Hours per day: 0 2 4 6 8 Other Walking 12Climbing Stairs/Ladders ______________Grasp/Squeeze ______________Reaching 12Overhead reaching 12Wrist flexion/extension 12Other ______________ Lift/Carry Max. Hours per day: 0 2 4 6 8 Other Perform any lifting/carrying ________ Lift/Carry objects more than 50 lbs. per day as needed SENSORY REQUIREMENTS Vision acuity at least 20/40 (near and far)Hearing acuity at least conversationalColor perceptionAbility to speak and understand English (language) TRAVEL No Travel applicableMinimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land or air.Occasional overnight travel (up to 20%) by land or air.Moderate overnight travel (up to 30%) by land or air.Heavy overnight travel (up to 50%) by land or air.Extensive overnight travel (over 50%) by land or air. DIRECT REPORTSThis is a staff position and does not directly supervise other Associates REPORTS TOManager of Women's, NICU and Pediatrics ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS _____________________________________ ____________________________Associate Signature Date _____________________________________ ____________________________Supervisor's Signature Date
Keywords: CHRISTUS Health, Alexandria , RN- Med Surg E, Healthcare , Alexandria, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!