*Nurse Extern- PRN (RN #)
Company: CHRISTUS Health
Posted on: March 16, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY Under the supervision and/or direction of the Registered Nurse, the Nurse Extern I performs various direct patient care activities in accordance with the Nursing Department policies and procedures. The Nurse Extern I is able to assist with the care of hospitalized patients. The Nurse Extern I may be assigned other functions in accordance with hospital/department policies, procedures, and protocols. CORE COMPETENCIES Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions. Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences. Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward. Collaborates -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder. Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses. Goals -- Completes quarterly goals Delivering the Mission -- Performs duties as defined in this job description and demonstrates mastery of role. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES 1. Life threatening situations are readily identified and reported to the R.N. Initiates and assists with basic life support when needed. 2. Observes/reports unusual symptoms to the nurse, i.e., abnormal V/S; IV site redness; edema; suspicious areas of skin breakdown accurately and promptly. 3. Reports patient/family related problems, i.e., patient's dissatisfaction/refusal of nursing care routines; departure from activity advancements or restrictions. 4. Demonstrates a working knowledge of aseptic/sterile technique. Follows universal precautions. 5. Records information accurately and promptly. Reports change in patient's condition and/or vital signs. 6. Assists with laboratory specimens, i.e., collection or delivery. 7. Complies with timekeeping system. Accrues no unexcused absences, and no more than three unscheduled absences. 8. Uses supplies and equipment appropriately documents use in the medical record and records charges appropriately. 9. Participates in 80% of prescribed in-service programs and departmental meetings. When unable to attend (20% max) follows up to obtain information discussed. 10. Follows hospital and/or unit policy for dress and personal hygiene. 11. Follows necessary safety precautions, hospital policies, and departmental policies. 12. Attends infection control and safety programs. 13. Follows hospital policies and/or departmental rules. 14. Follows the CHRISTUS Health Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI). 15. Associate timely completes all required educational requirements.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS A. Education/Skills
- Currently enrolled in an RN accredited school of professional nursing to obtain either an associate degree or bachelor's degree as an RN.
- Must have completed their first clinical and be in good standing in the nursing program.
- Proficient in basic nursing tasks
- B. Experience
- Six (6) months experience in a hospital preferred, but not required.
- AHA BLS required within two (2) weeks of employment C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications Keyphrases: clinical manager jobs, clinical managing jobs, clinical administration jobs, clinical administrating jobs, clinical administrator jobs, medical administrating jobs, medical administrator jobs, medical manager jobs, medical managing jobs, hospital administrating jobs, hospital administrator jobs, health administrating jobs, health administrator jobs, healthcare administrating jobs, clinical management jobs, clinical research manager jobs, clinical study manager jobs, clinical trial manager jobs, clinical study management jobs, clinical trial management jobs, clinical nurse management jobs, clinical project manager jobs, clinical project management jobs, manager jobs
Keywords: CHRISTUS Health, Alexandria , *Nurse Extern- PRN (RN #), Healthcare , Alexandria, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!