PT/OT/Rehab Aide PRN (As Needed)
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 10, 2019
Job Code: 02348-10821
RAPIDES REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER ALEXANDRIA, LA
THINKING OF RELOCATING TO PEACEFUL ALEXANDRIA, LA* CHECK OUT ALL THERE IS TO DO:
ABOUT RAPIDES REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
Founded in 1903 at the corner of Second and Lee streets in Alexandria, Louisiana, Rapides Regional Medical Center represents a proud heritage of compassionate healthcare services coupled with the most advanced technology of the day.
With a continued emphasis on progressive care, Rapides Regional Medical Center has grown to meet the continually changing needs of our patients and the rapidly advancing technology of modern healthcare. Located in downtown Alexandria and easily accessible from Interstate 49, the hospital is licensed for 328 beds and fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
RAPIDES REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER IS CURRENTLY HIRING A PT/OT/REHAB AIDE.
The Rehab Services Aide will assist the therapists during evaluations and treatment of acute care patients with neuromuscular disorders, brain injury, and orthopedic injuries. The assistance provided includes hands-on assistance of mobilizing patients, performance of ROM exercises in the presence of the therapist, preparing the patient for therapy, cleaning of equipment, and clerical duties in the department. This job requires some heavy lifting.
Primary Job Duties:
* Supervised assistance of the therapists in evaluating and treating patients in acute care.
* Preparation and cleaning of any and all equipment (walkers, ultra sound, sliding boards etc.)
* Maintenance of O2 tanks
* Daily temperature checks of hydroculator (hot packs) and daily check of eye wash
* Preparation of patient for therapy- assisting with clothing, shoes, socks etc .
* Assisting patients with needs post treatment
* Ensuring therapy plans are placed in patient s chart
* Assisting with inventory and ordering of supplies
* Assistance of the other disciplines as needed (Speech and Occupational therapies
* Housekeeping of the department
* High School diploma or equivalent preferred
* CPR for Healthcare Providers within 30 days of hire
* Prior patient care experience preferred
* Behavior demonstrates understanding and adherence to Rapides Regional Medical Center s values which are:
* Works with an attitude of SERVICE
* Promotes TEAMWORK within the department and the organization
* Exhibits ACCOUNTABILITY and responsibility in the performance of the job
* Exhibits RESPECT to self and others
* Demonstrates an attitude of SAFETY in all tasks, job duties and responsibilities
* Performance Improvement/CQI Principles are consistently demonstrated in the performance of assigned duties.
* Attendance records reflect a punctual, dependable and responsible employee.
* Demonstrates adherence to the principles of safety and infection control.
* Appropriately handles all information including confidential information.
* Strives to anticipate and exceed expectations of their customers as demonstrated by positive customer comments and management observation.
* Communicates in a clear, courteous manner, demonstrating positive interpersonal skills.
* Utilizes medical center property and resources effectively and efficiently.
* Willingly accepts and performs all assigned duties.
* Reflects RRMC values and sensitivity to RRMC s ethical and compliance principles and the Code of Conduct in the daily activities.
* The employee demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the Code of Conduct.
Last Edited: 01/07/2019
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Alexandria , PT/OT/Rehab Aide PRN (As Needed), Healthcare , Alexandria, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!