Physical Therapist - Outpatient Rehab
Company: Ochsner Health System
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: October 24, 2018
We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways. At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health System and discover your future today!This job works under the direction of the Physical Therapy Supervisor and is responsible for providing direct patient care within the bounds of the law governing the practice of Physical Therapy in the State of Louisiana. Responsible for the evaluation and treatment of patients, or directing the treatment of patients referred for physical therapy, and producing the appropriate documentation. The Physical Therapist may be involved in the clinical supervision of the physical therapy technicians when appropriate and is responsible for following clinic and department policies and procedures and performing all other duties assigned by the Physical Therapy Supervisor or Director.To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at Ochsner's discretion. Education Required - Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy Work Experience Required - Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. Excellent judgment and decision-making skills in order to deal with a variety of patients and diagnoses. CertificationsRequired - Current Louisiana physical therapy license or eligibility for licensure by examination or reciprocity from another state Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of patient information.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications and keyboard.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally to varying levels of individuals throughout the patient care process.
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard Job Duties
- Performs age and diagnosis appropriate evaluations and treatments.
- Maintains patient records according to documentation standards, policies and procedures.
- Recommends alternative plans to accommodate overall department needs and is flexible with schedule adjustments.
- Attains established productivity levels set forth by administration and conducts professional development, required training, and credentialing.
- May be required to educate and train others within discipline.
- Provides direction and guidance to Physical Therapy Assistants.
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style. Other related duties as required. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time. Remains knowledgeable on current federal, state and local laws, accreditation standards or regulatory agency requirements that apply to the assigned area of responsibility and ensures compliance with all such laws, regulations and standards. Complies with the Ochsner Health System Compliance & Privacy Program and Standards of Conduct, including the immediate reporting of any known or suspected unethical or questionable behaviors or conduct; patient/employee safety, patient privacy, and/or other compliance-related concerns. Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Physical and Environmental Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Very Heavy Work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Heavy Work. (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Sedentary Work. Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible. NOTE: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a production rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be and is physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of force exerted is negligible. Mechanical lifting devices (e.g. carts, dollies) or team lifts should be utilized. Must be able to stoop, bend, reach, squat, crawl and grab with arms and hands, manual dexterity. Must be able to travel throughout and between facilities. Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue. The incumbent works in a patient care area; works in an area where patients enter; works directly with patients; and/or works with specimens that could contain diseases. There may be an occupational risk for exposure to all communicable diseases. Are you ready to make a difference at Ochsner and live our values of Patient's First, Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, & Teamwork? Ochsner Health System endeavors to make our site accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact our HR Employee Service Center at (select option 1) or . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. ---EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish. Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Keywords: Ochsner Health System, Alexandria , Physical Therapist - Outpatient Rehab, Healthcare , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!