Physician (Primary Care)
Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Posted on: September 14, 2018
Responsible for all facets of acute outpatient care. Will assist in completing quality management reviews. Must be computer literate with skills to access and input electronic medical documentation. Responsible for the successful achievement of applicable Performance Measure and Monitors for his/her areas of responsibility. Incumbent will take an active part in the peer review process and complete physician's reviews on time. Physical Requirements: Light lifting (under 15 lbs.), light carrying (under 15 lbs.), use of fingers, walking 4-8 hours, standing 4-8 hours, near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4, far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 in the other, hearing (aid permitted), working closely with others, working alone, emotional and mental stability. Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process. Licensure and Registration: Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia. The physician must maintain current registration in the State of licensure if this is a requirement for continuing active, current licensure. The facility Director may waive this licensure requirement if the physician is to serve in a country other than the United States and the physician has licensure in that country. Board Certification: Board certification or Board eligibility in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, or Emergency Medicine is required.Basic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English. Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.None To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Evidence of current license
- Transcript VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists & Chiropractors can be found at: The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
- Evidence of current license
- Other Veterans Document
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Alexandria , Physician (Primary Care), Healthcare , Alexandria, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!