Staff Physician (Urologist)
Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Posted on: September 13, 2018
The incumbent is accountable to the Chief, Specialty Care Service of the Surgical Services Department for assuring the most effective delivery of state-of-the-art urological care by meeting or exceeding compliance standards. Participates in all aspects of the general urology program, including the following: provide urological outpatient care (invasive and noninvasive) to all scheduled and walk-in patients, inform patients (and/guardians, caretakers and family members when appropriate) with alternative treatment and diagnostic modes and the risks and benefits of each. The incumbent will provide pre-operative evaluation of each patient scheduled for elective or emergency surgery. The incumbent is responsible for providing the patient with risks, benefits, and alternative treatments and obtaining informed consent from the patient or guardian before conducting invasive procedures. The incumbent is responsible for encouraging family member or members/guardians to be involved with the patients' care, taking after duty hours (weekdays, weekends, and holidays) call, perform invasive procedures; cystoscopies (with intra-urethral topical anesthetic), vasectomies, circumcisions, infrared coagulation and/excision of genital lesions, urethral meatotomies, and dorsal slits (with local anesthetic), and assume total responsibility for all perioperative care for his or her patients.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with on-call duties required (evenings/weekends), as necessary.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
The selected candidate will be board certified or eligible in Urology.
Recruitment Relocation Incentive may be available for well qualified candidate.Basic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Urology
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: Applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment physical including the possibility of a drug screening.Must pass pre-employment examination.
Designated and/or Random Drug Testing required.
Background and/or Security Investigation required.
Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
Provide month year for start and end dates on work experience.
Indicate full-time or part-time on work experience.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes (upload C.V. as resume document type):
VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists & Chiropractors can be found at: http://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=2850&tkey=&Action=Search.
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
- Other Veterans Document
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Alexandria , Staff Physician (Urologist), Healthcare , Alexandria, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!