Registered Nurse (RN) - MICU
Company: Rapides Regional Medical Center
Posted on: September 8, 2018
The Medical ICU RN:
The staff nurse serves as the leader of the Nursing Care team who is ultimately responsible and accountable to the patient for the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient focused, outcome oriented care. Will develop competencies for functioning safely in all areas of Medical/Surgical services. Nursing plan of care will include all age groups with the exception of infants.
The Top Reasons Employees love working on this unit:
Challenging environment keeps the nursing skill sharp.
Thinking of relocating to peaceful Alexandria, La? Check out all there is to do:
About Rapides Regional Medical Center
Founded in 1903 at the corner of Second and Lee streets in Alexandria, Louisiana, Rapides Regional Medical Center represents a proud heritage of compassionate healthcare services coupled with the most advanced technology of the day.
With a continued emphasis on progressive care, Rapides Regional Medical Center has grown to meet the continually changing needs of our patients and the rapidly advancing technology of modern healthcare. Located in downtown Alexandria and easily accessible from Interstate 49, the hospital is licensed for 328 beds and fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
Benefits for Full Time Employees include:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Account
- Long Term and Short Term Disability Benefits
- Direct Deposit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Graduate of a Nursing Program from an accredited school
- Currently licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Louisiana
- CPR for Healthcare Providers to be completed within 30 days of hire
- ACLS to be completed within 30 days of hire
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The staff nurse serves as the leader of the Nursing Care team who is ultimately responsible and accountable to the patient for the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient focused, outcome oriented care.
- Through assessment of the patient's physical, nutritional, psychosocial, spiritual, emotional, cultural, educational, and rehabilitative needs, problems are identified and documented in the clinical record and communicated to the physician, case manager, and ancillary departments when appropriate
- Appropriate standards of care, care plans, and interventions are initiated, professionally modified, and communicated to the patient and other members of the healthcare team
- Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria appropriate to the following age groups: pediatric, children, adolescent, adult, geriatric
- Provides patient/family health education that promotes healthy behaviors, supports recovery, and enables the patient/family to be involved in decisions about their own care
- The patient's responses to interventions and progress toward desired outcomes are assessed, re-assessed, evaluated, and documented in the clinical record
- Patient care activities are coordinated through collaboration and planning with other members of the healthcare team
- Physicians' orders are carried out accurately and efficiently, and clarified when necessary
- Adverse or sudden changes in the patient's conditions are promptly communicated to the physician, charge nurse, nursing supervisor, and/or family with specific and pertinent data
- Able to identify potential or actual victims of abuse and understands the proper reporting mechanism
- Able to recognize adverse drug reactions and demonstrates understanding of proper reporting mechanism once reaction is identified
- Appropriately assesses the patient's pain and involves the patient in effective management of that pain using appropriate interventions
- Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary for administration of blood and blood products and appropriately monitors the patient receiving blood/blood products for any transfusion reaction; takes proper measures once a reaction is recognized
- Patient care equipment is utilized safely and efficiently in accordance with hospital policies and procedures
- Standard precautions are promoted and followed in the utilization of principles of infection control in patient care
- Achieves stated goals related to job performance
- Educational attendance records reveal attendance at all required educational programs/in-services
Keywords: Rapides Regional Medical Center, Alexandria , Registered Nurse (RN) - MICU, Healthcare , Alexandria, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!