Admissions Specialist - LPN - Night Shift
Company: Longleaf Hospital
Posted on: November 19, 2022
- Facilitate admissions and assessment processes for incoming
- Respond to inquiries about the facility within facility policy
- Schedule/complete pre-admission assessments and communicate
recommendations to patients or their families.
- Collaborate with other facility medical and psychiatric
personnel to ensure appropriate recommendations and
- Coordinate admission and transfer between levels of care within
- Communicate projected admissions to designated internal
representative in a timely manner.
- Perform insurance benefit verifications, disseminating the
information gathered to patient, their families and other
appropriate facility staff.
- Ensure all medical admission documentation is gathered from
external sources prior to patient admission and secure initial
pre-authorization for treatment and admission.
- Assist individual therapists with concurrent reviews with
insurance companies to secure continued treatment.
- Coordinate and facilitate peer to peer reviews when needed and
collaborate the results of reviews with multi-disciplinary
- Provide accurate and ongoing assessment of patient status in
the admissions process.
- Communicate treatment recommendations to and coordinate with
other treatment teams. OTHER FUNCTIONS:
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
- Associate's degree in nursing may be the minimum educational
requirement of an licensed practical and successful completion of
an LPN program.
- Minimum one year experience working with individuals in a
clinical or observational capacity, preferably within the area of
specialty for the hiring facility.
- Licensure, as required for the area of clinical specialty,
i.e., LPN license
- CPR and de-escalation/restraint certification required
(training available upon hire and offered by facility).
- First aid may be required based on state or facility.
Keywords: Longleaf Hospital, Alexandria , Admissions Specialist - LPN - Night Shift, Healthcare , Alexandria, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!