Registered Nurse - HPL Urgent Care Clinic PRN
Company: Rapides Regional Medical Center
Posted on: June 18, 2022
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered
care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients
with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your
career as a Clinic Registered Nurse today with Rapides Regional
Medical Center.You contribute to our success. Every role has an
impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make
a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse like
you to be a part of our team.
The Life of an HCA Nurse
We are seeking a Registered Nurse for our HPL Clinic to ensure that
we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient
care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an
amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking
a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as
meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
Clinic nurses are the master coordinators of the department,
visiting with patients, gathering vitals and acting as a liaison
between patient and provider. They have high-level critical
thinking skills, vast clinical knowledge, and are able to stay calm
About this department:
- 9 room urgent care
- Teamwork is the core of how we operate
- Engagement of Leadership - Everyone on the team is motivated
and patient focused
- Patient safety and satisfaction are our number one priority
- Responsible for the care and safety of patients undergoing
treatment and use of equipment to minimize hazards of electric
shock, burns and extraneous radiation to patients.
- Responsible for safe handling of equipment.
- Assesses patient's understanding of process and informed
consent of invasive procedures.
- Assesses, evaluates and informs physician of changes in
patient's condition during exam.
- Selects appropriate equipment to use for procedure.
- Determines most suitable anatomical posture and positions and
shields patients accordingly.
- Practices medical and surgical; aseptic procedures.
- Assists in maintaining basic records and reports.
- Assists in maintaining files.
- Assists in training of students and ancillary personnel.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family.
- Completes all work before clocking out and leaving.
- Is acquainted with local fire and safety regulations.
- Has knowledge of hospital policies and the functions of other
- Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to
provide care based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety
and related criteria appropriate to the following age groups:
neonate, pediatric, adolescent, geriatric and general
- Able to modify job duties and communicate with customers in an
age appropriate manner.
- Appropriately assesses the patient's pain and involves the
patient in effective management of pain using age appropriate
- Meets dress code standards; appearance is neat and clean.
- Completes annual educational requirements.
- Maintains regulatory requirements.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work within
- Consistently completes and maintains assigned duties.
- Wears identification while on duty; uses computerized punch
time system correctly.
- Completes in-services and returns in a timely fashion.
- Attends annual review and departmental in-services, as
- Attends required staff meetings.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous
quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the hospital, as
well as the focus statement of the department.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced/busy atmosphere
- Ability to offer compassionate care to all age groups
- Ability to complete specialty exams without assistance
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to communicate with providers in a clear and concise
- Able to flex work schedule as required to meet the need of the
- All aspects of nursing care granted by licensure.
- Assisting the HPL Clinic Physician and staff to provide optimal
- Collects subjective and objective data including pertinent past
medical history and present medication. Develops plan of care based
on focused assessment, nursing diagnosis, reassessment, and
expected outcomes for all age groups.
- Ability to coordinate with ancillary departments for the
provision of treatment and care of HPL Clinic patients and the
orderly transfer or discharge of these patients.
- Attends all scheduled department meetings unless approval by
HPL practice manager or clinical coordinator is given.
- Attends in-service education offerings and maintains nursing
skills through annual review of HPL Clinic procedures.
- Does assigned room and equipment checks as scheduled by
- Provides and explains discharge instructions and identifies
hospital and community resources to help meet physical,
psycho-social, and nutritional needs.
- Active participant in PI/QCI projects within the clinics and in
conjunction with other departments as appropriate.
- Documents in the clinical record the patient's response to
- Carries out physician's orders accurately and efficiently, and
clarified when necessary.
- Adverse or sudden changes in the patient's conditions are
promptly communicated to the physician with specific and pertinent
- Ability to identify potential or actual victims of abuse and
understands the proper reporting mechanism.
- Ability to recognize adverse drug reaction and demonstrate
understanding of proper reporting mechanism.
- Appropriately assesses the patient's pain and involves the
patient in effective management of the pain using appropriate
- Patient care equipment is utilized safely and efficiently in
accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Standard precautions are promoted and followed in the
utilization of principles of infection control in patient
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Graduate of a Nursing Program from an accredited school
- Currently licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the
State of Louisiana or valid compact license from permanent state of
- CPR for Healthcare Providers to be completed within 30 days of
- ACLS to be completed within 30 days of hire
Rapides Regional Medical Center is an award-winning 350+ bed
hospital and ER in Alexandria, Louisiana that offers a wide array
of services ranging from Cancer Care to Wound Care, and our medical
staff includes doctors in more than 30 medical specialties.
At Rapides Regional we believe that well-defined values are the key
to nurturing staff and patient satisfaction. By joining our team
you contribute to the positive culture of the hospital, which
directly impacts the well-being of your patients, their families,
your colleagues, and your own personal job satisfaction. We invite
you to learn firsthand what our unwavering commitment to patient
satisfaction, service excellence and professional expertise can do
for your career.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively
reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be
promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit
your application and help us raise the bar in patient
care!NoticeOur Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the
next possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.For questions about your job application or
this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
Keywords: Rapides Regional Medical Center, Alexandria , Registered Nurse - HPL Urgent Care Clinic PRN, Healthcare , Alexandria, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!