RN Internal Travel
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Registered Nurse Mobility is a travel nurse. The nurse is
expected to accept a 12 week travel assignment(s) to any CHRISTUS
Health facility within the United States. During the 12 week
assignment the Nurse is responsible for patient assessment, patient
care planning, and provision of quality nursing care to an assigned
group of patients for a defined work period. Provides direction and
supervision to LVN/LPNs, nursing assistants, unit secretaries and
other clinical/clerical associates. By assignment, may function as
charge nurse for the unit. Involves provision of patient
care/service to older adolescent, young adult, adult, and geriatric
Patient Care Planning
- Develops comprehensive nursing care plan which addresses all
significant needs and problems identified through nursing
- Prepares nursing elements of the interdisciplinary care plan
prior to the initial team conference
- Reviews and updates nursing care plan and collaborates with
team members as changes occur.Patient Care Provision:
- Implements patient care as planned in nursing care plan and
interdisciplinary care plan.
- Sets priorities based on knowledge of patient acuity and
- Provides safe and therapeutic care and seeks resources when
- Safely performs and accurately documents procedures, consistent
with established nursing policy and procedure.Patient Care
- Evaluates patient response to interventions and attainment of
goals in collaboration with interdisciplinary team
- Evaluates progress toward nursing goals and revises goals as
needed on a weekly basis.
- Completes nursing progress note for assigned patients on a
- -Completes nursing flow sheets for assigned patients on a daily
- Evaluates education needs of patient and significant others and
documents their response to teaching.
- Utilizes, adapts, and revises teaching resources to meet
patient education needs
- Explains procedures, tests, and disease process to patients and
families as needed.
- Acts as role model for health care students and other team
- Acts as preceptor to assigned orienteers.
- Assists in orientation of new staff by sharing knowledge and
experience. -Patient Care Communication:
- Reports and documents accurately and concisely to appropriate
persons the patient's condition.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Applies basic verbal and nonverbal skills to maintain open,
effective communication among care team members, patients, and
- Encourages direct discussion between staff members when
differences occur and seeks assistance to arbitrate differences as
- Gives and accepts constructive feedback appropriately.
- Identifies actual and potentially unsafe patient care
practices, reports them in the designated manner, and suggests
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate's Degree in NursingLicenses, Registrations, or
- RN License in state of employment or compact
Keywords: Christus Health, Alexandria , RN Internal Travel, Healthcare , Alexandria, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!