Registered Nurse - Transfer Center
Company: Rapides Regional Medical Center
Posted on: February 16, 2021
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered
care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients
with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your
career as a Float Pool Registered Nurse today with Rapides Regional
Medical Center .
At Rapides Regional, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer
a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along
with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) You contribute to our
success. Every role has an impact on our patients lives and you
have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a
dedicated Registered Nurse like you to be a part of our team.
The Life of an HCA Nurse
Transfer Center nurses are in a unique position to make a
difference. They support various units within the hospital. They
have high-level critical thinking skills, vast clinical knowledge,
and are able to stay calm under pressure.
The Transfer Center RN is responsible for coordinating direct
admissions and hospital transfers to and from RRMC with the intent
to transfer each patient to an appropriate HCA MidAmerica Division
hospital. Perform bed management duties.
What You Will Do In This Role:
- Work in a customer-centric transfer and transport call center;
respond to all callers with the aid of an electronic database of
service profiles, approved clinical protocols and healthcare
- Follow specific protocols, policies, procedures, and utilize
- Work collaboratively with team members ensuring appropriate
patient admission and patient placement.
- Work collaboratively with team members to ensure exceptional
- Efficiently and effectively, manage all hospital transfers.
Consult with on-call physicians regarding patient care issues,
needs and concerns, advise when appropriate.
- Establish and maintain a high degree of awareness and knowledge
of hospitals medical staff, services, and special programs.
- Assist in data collection, monitoring, evaluation, and
analyzing of triage problems for the purpose of developing and
implementing protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Exhibit and model exceptional customer relationship behaviors,
including telephone and personal contact with all of the call
center s customer groups (i.e. physicians and their office staffs,
callers, and fellow employees).
- Maintain composure and customer-centric communication with
- Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct philosophy and
Mission and Value Statement.
- Prioritizes workload to effectively perform bed management
duties while facilitating transfers to and from RRMC.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be proficient in EMTALA.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with
physicians and their offices to coordinate admission.
- Problem-solving skills to determine the best course of action,
which will be satisfactory to the patient, the physicians, and the
- Knowledge of basic hospital services.
- Ability to analyze information of a complex nature.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple complex tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Internet searches,
and relevant data bases.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to follow
through on issues.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and
- Ability to establish and maintain long-term customer
relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting
and exceeding expectations.
- Ability to work effectively with other employees and external
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred
- Licensed to practice in the State of Louisiana as a Registered
- Minimum five years of progressive nursing experience
- ICU and ED background preferred Rapides Regional Medical Center
is an award-winning 350+ bed hospital and ER in Alexandria,
Louisiana that offers a wide array of services ranging from Cancer
Care to Wound Care, and our medical staff includes doctors in more
than 30 medical specialties.
At Rapides Regional we believe that well-defined values are the key
to nurturing staff and patient satisfaction. By joining our team
you contribute to the positive culture of the hospital, which
directly impacts the well-being of your patients, their families,
your colleagues, and your own personal job satisfaction. We invite
you to learn firsthand what our unwavering commitment to patient
satisfaction, service excellence and professional expertise can do
for your career.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively
reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be
promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit
your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: asn, care unit, ccu, domiciliary, hospice,
infusion, intensive care, intensive care unit, nurse,
Keywords: Rapides Regional Medical Center, Alexandria , Registered Nurse - Transfer Center, Healthcare , Alexandria, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!